Health Care Quick Links
Audiologists and Hearing Aid Vendors


An injured worker submitting a hearing loss claim must undergo an audiology assessment. The audiologist, is trained to identify and measure hearing impairment and related disorders, and determines if the injured worker has a noise-related hearing loss.

Injured workers do not need a referral to make an appointment, but depending on where they live in the province, the wait time for an appointment will vary. For more information on workers’ compensation coverage for hearing loss, view our Hearing loss policy brochure.

Audiologists are asked to complete the Audiologist’s Report and submit it promptly to WorkplaceNL, along with the worker’s audiogram. Where WorkplaceNL has established that the hearing loss did arise out of and in the course of the worker’s employment, necessary health care services that the worker is entitled to receive will be covered.

Vendors are advised to ensure that the worker’s claim has been adjudicated and accepted and a purchase order issued before dispensing hearing aids.

Hearing Aid Providers (including Audiologists)

Standing Offer prices and Exception Lists for Hearing Aids

To contact the Health Care Services division, phone: 1-800-563-9000, ext. 1108 or (709) 778-1108.