2017 Employer Assessment Rates are now available on connect
Employers can now view their 2017 assessment rate and rate letter online under Reports and Statistics within our connect online services.
2017 Maximum Compensable and Assessable Earnings (MCAE) limit raised to $63,420
On January 1, 2017, the maximum assessable and compensable earnings limit increased from $62,540 to $63,420. This amount is used by WorkplaceNL in determining the maximum benefits paid to injured workers and the maximum assessable earnings reported by employers.
New forwarding function for Form 7 and ESRTW plans
You asked we’ve listened: New connect functionality to forward the Employer Report of Injury (Form 7) and Early and Safe Return to Work (ESRTW) plans to specific users within your organization.
Avail of this new functionality to ensure the privacy of your worker’s personal information by providing access to specific sections of Form 7 and ESRTW plans. Users can then forward, return or reassign Form 7 or ESRTW plans to other users within your organization that have access to these services.
To learn more, check out our FAQ.
New enhanced connect security features
At WorkplaceNL, we are continuously working to enhance the security of the connect online system. We have now implemented a new one-time verification process when you login to connect.
What to do
Login as usual to connect with your username and password. You will be prompted to enter your email address. It must be a unique, separate email address for each person using connect.
We will then send you an email to confirm your address. Once confirmed, you will receive a second email with a verification code to complete your initial connect login. It’s that easy!
Enhancements also include increased user management functionality and an updated visual look for connect.
You can view a step-by-step instructional guide which outlines all of these changes by clicking here. If you require assistance, contact us at 709.778.1291 or toll free at 1.800.563.9000.
Save money while boosting your safety culture with PRIME
The 2015 PRIME program is now underway. Follow these important tips to save money and boost the safety culture of your workplace next year:
- prevent injuries before they happen;
- meet your PRIME practice requirements;
- answer all applicable questions in the PRIME refund section of your Annual Employer Statement package;
- submit your Annual Employer Statements on time;
- submit your Occupational Health and Safety Committee minutes on time, if applicable;
- participate in all available early and safe return-to-work options;
- manage claims costs effectively so that PRIME costs are as low as possible; and
- if you are not receiving monthly PRIME Status Reports, complete a claim cost authorization form today.
Congratulations to all employers who received PRIME refunds!