Closing Date: May 5, 2017
The Health and Safety Educator Award is awarded annually to an educator who has demonstrated a commitment to promoting and advancing young worker health and safety.
The teacher or administrator is someone who:
- Demonstrates a commitment to creating a culture of safety for Newfoundland and Labrador youth
- Directly promotes health and safety when instructing students
- Uses external speakers, employers and other organizations or individuals with health and safety expertise to advocate health and safety for youth
- Takes an active role in being a strong advocate of health and safety for youth and others within the school and leads by example
- Nominations will be accepted from the Department of Education, school districts, peers, students and WorkplaceNL.
Health and Safety Educators
2014 - Mr. Brian Hancock, Indian River High School
2013 - Mr. Joe Santos, O’Donel High School
2012 - Mr. Robert Smith, Bishops College
2011 - Mr. Fraser Drover, Menihek High School