Nominations for the Health and Safety Educator Award closed on November 6.
Winner to be announced
The Health and Safety Educator Award is awarded annually to an educator who has demonstrated a commitment to promoting and advancing young worker health and safety.
The teacher or administrator is someone who:
- Demonstrates a commitment to creating a culture of safety for Newfoundland and Labrador youth
- Directly promotes health and safety when instructing students
- Uses external speakers, employers and other organizations or individuals with health and safety expertise to advocate health and safety for youth
- Takes an active role in being a strong advocate of health and safety for youth and others within the school and leads by example
- Nominations will be accepted from the Department of Education, school districts, peers, students and WorkplaceNL.
Health and Safety Educators
2014 - Mr. Brian Hancock, Indian River High School
2013 - Mr. Joe Santos, O’Donel High School
2012 - Mr. Robert Smith, Bishops College
2011 - Mr. Fraser Drover, Menihek High School